Lone Protester Undaunted

Sally Sara Sherkheim has picketed the Austin campus by herself daily for three weeks with a sign protesting the “rape” of electoral politics.

“I put too many words on the sign. I’m kinda sick of the blond jokes asking if I know what they all mean, so that’s the answer I give. Democracy’s getting raped. A bunch of over-grown rich fratboys are raping our country’s elections.”

Sally said she was inspired by Teddy Roosevelt. “He rocked,” was her complete explanation. “Read some damn history!” she shouted at a rowdy group of hecklers on their way to a pep rally.

“My father threatened to stop paying my tuition,” she complained. “He’s a doctor, so I told him this cause was the orphan drug. Nobody sees the benefit of curing a national addiction to greed.”

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for her! Alas, it may be too late, though. Let's see how long the USA can keep it together.
    A friend's dad, a professor at NYU, took a 3 month trip into the heartland of America. He said ther are millions of US citizens hanging by a thread...But, let's not let that bother us.
    Until it happens to us.

    ReplyDelete